Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

DiploBall IV, Week 9 Recap: Upsets? Who me?

Well, I didn’t make the leader board this week.  However, I’ll take a 4th place finish any day of the week as long as I’m head of Jim and VJ.  Plus, the Falcons are 7-0 and the sports media is finally starting to treat them like the real deal.  It’s about time!

This is going to be a quick recap this week.  I’ve been a bit under weather this week.


DiploBall IV, Week 9 Recap:

1st Place: BigCat

BigCat has made a big move!  Leap-frogging both Jim and VJ in the season standings, landing in 2nd place over all in the league.  Honestly, anyone who picks Arizona over USC deserves to win the week.  BigCat also picked Miami of Ohio for the win… who does that?


2nd Place:  EricC

Eric must have sensed it was going to be an upset week in football and most of his gambles paid off.  Not all of his gambles (Duke over FSU?), however, most of them did:  Kent State, Miami of Ohio, University of Washington, and Cleveland.


3rd Place:  Jeff

What a tremendous showing for 18th place Jeff!  He made three crucial picks for big points:  UGA, Notre Dame, and Cleveland.  Those three games alone earned Jeff 58 points, while most everyone else lost.


MVP:  Everyone except Robbins, Vnibarger, and Badger

I’m not feeling up to breaking down the NCAA/NFL scores like I normally do… so this week I thought we could come together as a community to point and laugh at the three people who actually picked Philly over Atlanta.  Those poor saps.


Last Place:  Robbins

Well… you were gunning for upsets… however, you picked all the wrong games.


Missed Week Minimum: 98 Points

Once again Robbins sets the MWM benchmark AND Nate and Renegade miss the week.  Nate, you only have one more week to miss before you’re out.


Perfect Week Bonus (Cash-In)Badger (32 Points – Kent State over Rutgers)

Oh how the mighty has fallen!  After his first dismal week, Badger cash’s in his Perfect Week Bonus to recover a 32 point pick. 

VJ, The Great Usurper, Jp, and RollTide are still have perfect weeks to cash-in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.