Pages

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

DiploBall IV, Week 5: AFN + TiVo = Awesome


Well folks, I’m unpacked, organized, and my house is 100% networked, which is way more important than having sheets on the bed.

Now, for those of you in the Military and Foreign Service who lament about American Forces Network, I have taken it to the next level and unleashed the beast!  Did you know TiVo is AFN compatible?  It is!  Well… as long as you are using a satellite receiver and getting the full eleven channel line-up.

I discovered this phenomenon while living in Belgrade; however, we weren’t receiving AFN through the satellite receiver, so I couldn’t test it out.  And in Paramaribo, although we had a receiver, we only received three channels… so it didn’t work out there either.

However, in Asmara, I have a satellite receiver with all eleven channels!  And my TiVo is working perfectly!  It automatically recorded the Falcons game while I was at work and when I got home I enjoyed the game commercial (and public service announcement) free.

Seriously.  If AFN is your only entertainment source, you should check it out.  Used TiVo’s are only $35.00 on Amazon… you’ll thank me.

DiploBall IV, Week 5 Recap

1st Place: BigCat & SEC#1 (tie)
This is a big win for 12th Place SEC#1, however, it was an even bigger week for BigCat, who jumped from 9th Place to 5th Place in just one week.  This is huge. However, there is still a LOT of DiploBall left to come.

2nd Place: RollTide1
Roll’s second place finish has moved him up to 9th Place overall.  Oddly enough… Roll tried to cash in his Perfect Week Bonus last week, however I’m pretty sure he was jetlagged because I still don’t know what game he wanted to change.

3rd Place: The Great Usurper
Sure, the Usurper picked 12 out of the 15 NFL games correct and finished the week in 3rd Place… however, he still hasn’t been able to move beyond 11th Place in the Season standings.

NCAA MVP of the Week: Badger
Badger gets the nod this week for coming in 2nd place on the NCAA games.  And just so you know, Badger is currently in 1st Place overall.

NFL MVP of the Week: BeachBum505
Beach had the best overall point’s accuracy rate for the NFL games:  77.03%.  This is a great improvement over last week’s horrible showing across the board.

Last Place: Rada
Rada… this is going to be your last week at the bottom, okay?

Missed Week Minimum (MWM):  105 Points
Nate was our only missing player this week.  Enjoy your 105 points!

Eliminated Players:
The following players have missed five weeks of play and are officially out of the competition:

Big Dave, dniBarger, Hess, mBounds, SkiClimb2011, and Tashkent1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.