Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DiploBall IV, Week 7 Recap: No Room for Peyton in DiploBall


Remember all those nice things I said about Peyton Manning at the start of the season?  Yeah… well… I take it all back. 

There I was… basking in the glory of San Diego’s 24 point lead… which, incidentally, put me in 3rd place for week… only to watch my first top three finish since Week 1 crumble before my eyes.

Because of Peyton Manning I fell to 9th place for the week.  I see how it is Peyton.  Once a Colt, always a Colt. 

DiploBall IV, Week 7 Recap

1st Place: Pac12Bear

We haven’t heard much from Pac12 this season and he’s currently sitting in 12th place overall… which begs the question:  Has Pac12 already risen to his level of incompetence?   I don’t know folks… I’ve read Freakenomics… your name can set you up for a life a mediocrity. 

Perhaps I should start calling you Pac1.  That might help light a firing.


2nd Place: Badger

Seriously?  Come on!  This is getting ridiculous.  Badger has finished in 2nd place or above four out of seven weeks so far this season and he has extended his lead to 196 points.  He’s to the point that he can take a week off and STILL maintain 1st place overall.

Badger is officially ravaging the league worse than VJSchutz (my dad) did last season.   


3rd Place: BeachBum505

Currently in 14th place overall, BeachBum isn’t having the greatest season… but apparently he had Peyton Manning looking after him this week.


NCAA MVP of the Week: Jim Schutz

9 people picked 16 out of 18 NCAA games correct, however… when it came to wagering points on the games, Jim out played everyone, earning 97% of his wagered points on NCAA games.


NFL MVP of the Week: EricC

EricC is the undisputed winner of this week’s NFL match-ups.  Sure, he tied with Pac1 picking 10 out of 14 games correct… but he also earned more points on the NFL games than anyone else.  A whopping 83 points!  Leading the pack in a week where only four players earned positive NFL numbers.


Last Place:  Steak N Potatoes

I have to be honest.  Back when I started DiploBall, these recaps contained a lot more smack-talk.  However, as DiploBall has grown and matured… er… well, grown, and more and more folks join that I haven’t met personally… I thought I should probably tone things down a bit and not publically question the type of underwear people wear when making their picks. 

However, much to my delight, last week Badger felt compelled to open up a can of whoop-smack on his family!  So… yeah… I think I’m just going to take a step back and let Badger take care of this one for me.


Missed Week Minimum (MWM):  95 Points

Nate was our only missing player this week.  This is Nate’s second miss. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.