Pages

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

DiploBall 3, Week 14: Sweet Revenge Realized!

So… the Falcons may have lost this week… but so did the Lions and Bears!  So my Wild Card dreams are still intact! 

Well folks, the NCAA regular season is over and it looks like we have a week before the Bowl games start… so this will be a lighter week with only 16 NFL games.

Some of you have been asking how the Bowl Games will work… especially the games scheduled for Tuesdays or Wednesdays.  “Which weekend will they be lumped with?  The weekend before or after?”

It’s a good question and I’m not 100% sure.  I would like to assume that PoolTracker uses Thursday as the start of the week so we don’t have to scramble getting our picks in… but we’re not going to know until for sure until it happens.

Also, in honor of the conclusion of the NCAA Season I’ve included our NCAA season standings at the end of the recap.

1st Place: VNIbarger (15)
This was a power house week for VNIbarger.  After coming in 2nd place in the NCAA games and garnering the highest point’s percentage accuracy rate in the NFL games, VNIbarger walked away with a well earned victory.  However, it didn’t come without a fight…

2nd Place (Most Correct Picks): Rada (16)
… Rada was only 6 points behind!  Most weeks out Overall Pick’s Champion relies on their success in only one of the two leagues; NCAA or NFL.  However, this week Rada picked the most games correct in BOTH leagues making her picks victory undisputed!

3rd Place:  Jp (2)
For the two years my brother Jim has played DiploBall I have NEVER been ahead of him in the season standings… except after week 1 this season when we actually tied and PoolTracker listed me first because my guess for the total score of the Monday night game was closer for the tie breaker… but that doesn’t really count because I still didn’t have more points than he did.  That is until now!  Revenge is mine!    Dad!  You’re on notice!

NCAA MVP of the Week:  Robbins (17)
Robbins had a really great college week!  He tied with Rada’s 9 out of 11 NCAA picks victory AND tied with her again for the NCAA point’s victory.  They both earned 156 from those games!

NFL MVP of the Week: Hess (10)
Another big week for Hess!  Just like Robbins, Hess tied Rada’s 12 out of 16 NFL picks victory and ended up in 2nd place for when it came to NFL points.

‘Random Pick Of the Week’ Honorable Mention: Jp (2)
I have to give the honorable mention to myself this week.  I was the only person to pick Kansas City over Chicago, I put 22 points on the game, and I did it on purpose!  Because I am insane and I want to win that bad!  Actually it was a calculated risk that I made last Friday morning.  I originally intended to change my Philly pick to Seattle as well, but I totally zoned and forgot they played Thursday night!  Oh well, Kansas City is back on my Christmas card list! 

Last Place:  Jeff (20)
In one of the most bazaar showings in DiploBall history, Jeff lost the week, only scoring 34 points, however, he moved up a ranking from 21st to 20th place in the season standings.  Very strange!  Perhaps Jeff should add Tashkent1 to his Christmas card list for neglecting to make his picks!

Also worth noting, Eric ‘RollTide1’ Parker came in second-to-last place tumbling from 4th to 7th place in the season standings.  That’s rough!

NCAA Regular Season Points Standings
1. VJSchutz
4320
of
5760
75.00%
2. Jim Schutz
4188
of
5566
75.24%
3. Jp
4088
of
5496
74.38%
4. Ryan
4047
of
5987
67.60%
5. BigCat
3953
of
5431
72.79%
6. Ted Craig
3950
of
5448
72.50%
7. RollTide1
3840
of
5336
71.96%
8. President Malaise
3749
of
5451
68.78%
9. Hess
3645
of
5335
68.32%
10. EricC
3620
of
4962
72.95%
11. Nate
3460
of
4864
71.13%
12. Robbins
3305
of
5737
57.61%
13. vnibarger
3260
of
4700
69.36%
14. Steak n Potatoes
3166
of
4806
65.88%
15. Big Dave
2847
of
4429
64.28%
16. Rada
2777
of
4203
66.07%
17. Jeff
2519
of
4267
59.03%
18. PAC12BEAR
2495
of
4019
62.08%
19. mbounds
1975
of
2747
71.90%
20. Tashkent1
1918
of
2992
64.10%
21. dnibarger
960
of
1548
62.02%
22. Skiclimb2011
162
of
344
47.09%

NCAA Regular Season Points Standings
1. BigCat
219
of
267
82.02%
1. VJSchutz
219
of
267
82.02%
2. Jim Schutz
218
of
267
81.65%
3. Badger
217
of
267
81.27%
4. Jp
213
of
267
79.78%
4. RollTide1
213
of
258
82.56%
5. President Malaise
212
of
264
80.30%
5. Ted Craig
212
of
267
79.40%
6. Ryan
209
of
263
79.47%
7. Hess
206
of
257
80.16%
8. Robbins
205
of
264
77.65%
9. Rada
203
of
248
81.85%
10. EricC
202
of
267
75.66%
11. ARose
199
of
255
78.04%
12. Nate
197
of
236
83.47%
13. Steak n Potatoes
191
of
247
77.33%
14. Jeff
188
of
238
78.99%
15. Tashkent1
175
of
214
81.78%
15. vnibarger
175
of
211
82.94%
16. Big Dave
171
of
212
80.66%
17. PAC12BEAR
149
of
193
77.20%
18. mbounds
94
of
118
79.66%
19. dnibarger
87
of
106
82.08%
20. Skiclimb2011
14
of
19
73.68%

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.