Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

DiploBall 3, Week 15: *Yawn*… Huh?

Urg.  The one problem we have always had with Diploball is how to handle the lull following the end of college regular season, when the number of games drop from 32 to 16… and so does the maximum point values.

In previous years, when CBSsports hosted DiploBall, we did things offline to make it more exciting; like double the points for the NFL only weeks and run separate pools for the bowl games and NFL playoffs.  But then again, CBSsports didn’t support post season play.  Plus, the process of doing all that offline was pretty time consuming… even more time consuming than my annoying transcendental weekly recaps.

Pooltracker, on the other hand, runs a fully integrated game; regular and post season for both leagues (NCAA and NFL) together.  The switch to Pooltracker has meant a lot less work for me… but I’m still annoyed by the lack of points during week like this.

When I first contacted Pooltracker almost a year ago, I asked if they could make the top points value of each week 50 so there was at least some sort of consistence… especially during the post season. 

They said they couldn’t, but since this was also an issue with CBSsports, I moved DiploBall to Pooltracker anyway, since they could at least offer a fully integrated season.

However, this whole drop in available points is really bothering me… and I don’t really know how to fix it.  Frankly, there is no way to fix it this season… we’re just going to ride it out.  Perhaps my annoyance is premature and things will pick-up again when the Bowl Games really pick up.  But who knows.  Even with the Bowl Games starting, we still only have 19 games coming up this week.

I think I’m going to reach out to PoolTracker again about beefing up the maximum points… but if anyone knows of another hosting site that can give me everything I want (and more), let me know.

Anyway, it really was an exciting week for football!  The Giants beat Dallas taking over the division title.  Chicago lost again putting Atlanta and Detroit into Wild Card positions.  It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

******** Please Note *********
The Beef 'O' Brady's St. Petersburg Bowl schedule for Tuesday, December 20th is not on this week’s list of games.  It will appear NEXT week.  So, the official start of the PoolTracker week is Tuesday (NOT Thursday)… don’t miss getting your picks in!
Anyway, enough of my melancholy.  Here is a VERY abbreviated recap:
1st Place: Pac12Bear, President Malaise, and VNIbarger

Major three way tie this week!  All by people who could use the extra push at the end of the season!  Pac12Bear actually take the title of the week for winning the MNF tie breaker!


2nd Place: Rada and Badger

Another tie!  Congrats!


3rd Place:  EricC

I admit it.  I neglected to give Eric ample praise when he took second place the weekend before Thanksgiving.  I was busy, and like today, I didn’t put in much time to giving you all a proper recap.  However, since this has been a rough week for Eric, just barely missing the playoff cut for the inaugural season of the DiploBall Legacy Fantasy League, I figured I should take a moment to celebrate Eric for making it onto the leader board this week.
And in doing so, I figure it would be rude to point out that President Malaise, who took one of the 1st place spots in DiploBall Pick ‘Em is also the guy who edged Eric out of the playoffs in the Legacy League.  That would just be rude, so I won’t say anything.

Last Place: Tashkent1

… ummm… yeah… I got nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.