***** Week 17 Starts TONIGHT!!! *****
***** GET YOUR PICKS IN PRONTO! *****
Perhaps my melancholy, last week, was a bit premature. Sure, there are considerably fewer points at stake for a couple weeks… however; I completely overlooked the potential impact of this year’s (new) Jeopardy style scoring. Only six players ended Week 16 with positive numbers, twelve players ended the week with negative numbers, and two players (BigCat and President Malaise) ended with ‘0’ even though they made picks for every game! Believe it or not, week 16 affected the season standings for eight different players… in both positive and negative ways.
Crazy week! I’m feeling energized again.
New Rule: I received quite a bit of positive feedback about the proposed new rule I sent out yesterday, so I think we’re going to move forward and make it official. And for those of you who missed yesterdays email here is the quick and dirty of how it will work:
1. If you have a perfect week, regardless of the number of games available, you will get to reverse an incorrect pick from a previous week.
2. To keep this simple, if you are eligible for a reversal, I will automatically do it for you based on the following criteria:
a. Your highest available missed point value.
b. Games from your worst four/droppable weeks will not be eligible. (There is no sense reversing those scores that won’t end up counting in the long run).
c. I will announce which games have been reversed in the following recap.
1st Place: Ted Craig (4)
This was a big week for Ted. Although he only earned 64 points this week, he took the win and successfully edged out BigCat, reclaiming 4th Place in the season standings.
2nd Place and Most Correct Picks: EricC (11)
In a week where most players should have just stayed in bed, Eric took a solid second place and earned the Most Correct Picks top honor, with 12 out of 19 correct picks!
3rd Place: Jp (2)
Once again, any week where I can whittle away at my dad’s lead is a good week, even if it’s only by 6 points. In the last five weeks I’ve managed to gain 106 points on him and I only have 32 points left to go! It’s going to be fierce!
NCAA MVP of the Week: Rada (16)
No one got all three bowl games correct… and only three people got two of them correct. But Rada gets the edge for the MVP by earning 12 points off of her two correct picks. And this might not sounds like much… but one person actually scored a -54 points on those three games. Brutal!
NFL MVP of the Week: Tashkent1 (20)
So… I didn’t want to name any names… but Tashkent1 is the guy who took the header in the Bowl games… HOWEVER! He also took third place in the NFL games! Almost earning enough points to dig him out of that hole! 9th place isn’t bad when you end the week with -4 points!
‘Random Pick Of the Week’ Honorable Mention: Ryan, VJ Schutz, & Jim Schutz
In a week this bad… it’s a miracle that anyone was able to keep their head above water. And with only six people finishing the week on the positive side, it’s safe to say that all of their correct picks were random… and thus, it is only right to recognize the other three folks who managed to earn a point this week.
Last Place: Jeff (20)
Wow… poor Jeff. I’ve got nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.