Judging by the amazing picks this week, I’ll trust everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Things were pretty quiet for us… if you call 15 couples sharing Thanksgiving while three times as many kids trash the joint “quiet”. Right now, we’re just looking for ways to feel festive surrounded by warm weather. Listen, I’m a Georgia boy, so I’m used to mild winters, but its 83 degrees out right now… and that’s just ridiculous! Go Falcons!
1st Place: Will ‘BigCat’ Sanders (5)
Will is the man this week! Not only is Will the only player to break 500 points, but he busted the DiploBall record books wide open! Will now holds the record for the ‘highest single week points accuracy rate’ in DiploBall history.
Back in Season 1, Week 7 John Robbins became the first DiploBaller to break 90% (90.15% to be exact) in a single week… but his honor was short lived, because five short weeks later Rada stole the title from John with a score of 90.32%; a record that stayed intact until Season 3, Week 1 when the Brother Schutz tied with a 94.20%* accuracy rate (but, that was a college only week so the record gets an asterisk). However, 2 weeks later my dad became the fifth person to break 90% in a given week, earning a 93.08% accuracy rate in a standard duel college/pro week of play.
And now… Will ‘BigCat’ Sander… the sixth DiploBaller to EVER best 90% has set the bar even higher… with a staggering 95.08% single week points accuracy rate.
2nd Place (Most Correct Picks): Eric ‘Rolltide1’ Parker (4)
Will’s not the only person to rise in the ranks this week. Together, Eric and Will knocked Ted from 4th to 6th place in the season standings. Although, Eric came up short when it comes to points, he laid the smackdown on some picks, getting 29 games correct!
3rd Place (Most Correct Picks): VNIBarger (15)
Also getting 29 games correct, VNIBarger jumped two spots in the rankings, from 17th to 15th! Most incredible is that VNIBarger picked ALL 26 college games correct.
NCAA MVP of the Week: Badger (7) and Tashkent1 (20)
VNIBarger wasn’t the only player to have a perfect college week. A total of three folks nailed it to the wall! Badger and Tashkent1 were out for a little bit of redemption and got it.
NFL MVP of the Week: Jp (3)
I normally wouldn’t throw an honorable mention my way, but I had a really good week on the NFL games this week. I went 15 for 16 and racked up a 93.10% single week NFL points accuracy rate, which is now a new DiploBall record! Plus, I beat my Dad (currently in 1st place) by 46 points this week… for a grand total of 66 points in the last two weeks… almost cutting his lead in half! Look out Dad! First I’m going to take out brother… and then I’m coming for you!
‘Most Correct Picks’ Honorable Mention: Hess (10)
Okay… so Hess had a successful but strange week mainly because he didn’t get his picks in on time and forfeited the first 4 games. However, this didn’t stop him from putting up some serious numbers.
1. Hess was actually the 4th person to have a perfect college week… well, near perfect. Since he missed a game and only went 15 for 15 I couldn’t give him NCAA MVP.
2. Hess didn’t technically pick the most number of games correct. That was actually a three way tie between Rolltide1, VNIBarger, and me with 29 games. However, Hess did set a new DiploBall record this week by producing the highest overall single week picks accuracy rate of all time: 92.86%
Now, some might say,” hogwash! Hess only picked 28 games, not the full 32!” This is true. However, he still got 92.86% of those 28 games correct… and remember, we all live busy and stressful lives traveling around God knows where… and it has always been a DiploBall tradition to judge players on what you do pick, not what they don’t pick.
Plus, in previous DiploBall seasons CBS Sports was only giving us 15 college games per week. And as a result, during NFL bye weeks, we were regularly getting 28 games. So, as far as I am concerned, the record stands! Perhaps with an asterisk… perhaps not.
‘Random Pick Of the Week’ Honorable Mention: BigCat (5), Ryan (9), Robbins (17), and Jeff (21)
Well… this was a pretty straight forward week without many upsets; however Denver over San Diego was a bit of a nutty choice that ultimately paid off… so my hats off to the four of you that went for the jugular!
Last Place: Jeff (21)
(snicker) (laugh) (point)… no… seriously… (rolling on the floor laughing)… I… I just… can’t… stop… (Jp continues laughing)…yeah… so… (giggle snort)… last year… this was around the time Jeff started mounting a comeback… steadily moving up the ranks each week. (busting out laughing)… perhaps… Jeff would feel better about himself if he turn his monitor upside down.*
*Please note… when I’ve known you for over 17 years and you still return my phone calls, you too will be mocked relentlessly for your failures… or if your name is Dave, Eric, or John… you’ll be mocked too.
Have a great week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.