Okay… so… despite my 13th place finish… I have to say… this week was AWESOME!
Seriously, have you looked at the standings? It’s crazy! We’ve shifted around as much as the BCS rankings!
And let it be known… we have a new season leader. VJ ‘Pops’ Schutz has stripped the top spot away from his first born. And get his… my dad came in 8th place this week… and the seemingly unstoppable Jim finished the week in 19th! Finally proving… after 11 weeks of play… halfway into the season… that anything can happen!
1st Place: Will ‘BigCat’ Sanders (5)
Will’s win this week wasn’t just a victory… it was a throttling. This week’s win moved Will from 8th place overall to 5th. And although he is still 424 points out of 1st… this week alone Will earned 156 points more than our leader. If he can manage to keep this kind of momentum for the second half of the season who knows what will happen.
2nd Place: Eric ‘RollTide1’ Parker (4)
Will isn’t the only player to jump three spots in the standings this week. Eric jumped from 7th to 4th. This is Eric’s 3rd season of DiploBall and I have to say… he’s breaking his pattern. In previous seasons Eric always started strong and slowly tapered off… however, this season he’s doing the opposite. Bring it!
3rd Place: Steak n Potatoes (14)
You know? I have no idea who Steak n Potatoes is… so I can’t really say anything personal about him or his picks… except that Steak rocked the house this week. Only three people scored more the 400 points in a week where our group average was only 287 points... so yeah. This week really affected our standings.
NCAA MVP of the Week: VNIBarger (17)
VNIBarger’s 3rd place NCAA and 4th place overall finished bumped her up another ranking. Not bad for minimal sleep!
NFL MVP of the Week: Rada (16)
In a week where Jim ‘earned’ -59 points in the NFL games, Rada brought home 129 points and a 68% accuracy rate! If that’s not worth noting I don’t know what is.
‘Random Pick Of the Week’ Honorable Mention: Eric ‘RollTide1’ Parker
Now, Eric wasn’t the only person to pick TCU over Boise State. ‘Pack12Bear’ also picked TCU for the win. However, Eric picked wagered 20 points… which I would normally call insane. Then again, Will the BigCat picked Oakland over San Diego for 18 points… so maybe the two of them are fishing for upsets and just got lucky. Who knows…?
Last Place: Big Dave (18)
You know? Season 1 was a very bad year for Dave… he appeared in this part of the recap a lot that season and I probably gave him five years worth of ribbings for it… so I’m going to give him a pass today.
Have a good week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.