Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

DiploBall 3, Week 8: Tie-Breakers A-Go-Go

Okay… so this was probably one of the worst football weeks I’ve had in quite some time.  I was 9th place overall in DiploBall, I picked more NCAA games wrong than anyone else in the league… and get this… I faced my son in our DiploBall Fantasy League… and he beat me!   Not by a little… by a lot!  He beat me by 37 points!  I had to leave the room… I didn’t want him to see me cry. 
(PS: the DiploBall Fantasy League will have four expansion teams available next season… so claim your spot now if you’re interested).
Score Adjustments
PoolTracker seemed to be a bit fussy this week.  For some reason, five players lost their weights for the Texas A&M game.  I’m not really sure why, but I’m working with the folks at pooltracker to identify the problem. 
All five players picked the Texas A&M game correctly, and except for my dad, the other four players had missed submitting a pick for the Friday night game, so they each ended up with two unused point values.  I gave them the benefit of the doubt and applied the higher of the two unused values on the Texas A&M game.  Here is how it broke down:
·         Big Dave = 23 Points
·         Jeff = 11 Points
·         Nate = 28 Points
·         RollTide1 = 19 Points
Also, for some reason Pooltracker dumped almost all of President Malaise‘s NFL picks.  I rebuilt those picks the best I could.   Mr. President please let me know if you have an issue with what I did.
1st Place & ‘Random Pick Of the Week’ Honorable Mention: Badger (5)
Badge had a solid week over all, but he can thank Purdue’s win over Illinois for his victory.   It was only worth 2 points, but those 2 points allowed him to tie VJ and beat him out with the MNF tie-breaker!  Not bad!
2nd Place: VJ Schutz (2)
I know… second place is always tough to take, especially when you scored the same number of points as 1st Place.  Darn tie-breaker!  However VJ, you’re on the leader board this week… probably because he gave the Falcons the respect they deserve.
3rd Place: Big Dave (19)
BIG DAVE!  You’re made it!  This is Big Dave’s third (love/hate) season playing Diploball… and honestly… he gets better and better every year!  I don’t know about you Dave, but I’m sure you don’t miss being the butt of my ‘loserville’ jokes.
‘Most Correct Picks’ Honorable Mention: President Malaise (7)
Although Jason, aka President Malaise, aka ‘Going to lose next week’s Fantasy League game against Jp’, seemed to have terrible Pooltracker karma this week, what with his weights disappearing and all… however, Jason’s karma for picking games correct seemed to be untainted, picking 25 games correct!
NCAA MVP of the Week:  Nate (13)
Nate’s accuracy was pretty impressive this week when it came to the NCAA games, earning 89.6% of the points he assigned to those games.  Better than anyone else.
NFL MVP of the Week: BigCat (10)
Okay, I have to recognize William ‘BigCat’ Sanders.  When it came to raw points, BigCat actually tied with Big Dave, however he missed the MNF tie-breaker by 2 points!  BUT!  Will legitimately took 3rd Place in the NFL games this week, so for that, we tip our hat!
Last Place: Steak N Potatoes (14)
Yeah… ‘loserville’ is never fun… but better you than me!
DO NOT FORGET!  Rice and Houston play Thursday night!  Get your picks in sooner than later!
Take care,
-Jp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.