Pages

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

DiploBall 3, Week 5: South Florida… You are dead to me!

Erg. 
Well… let’s see.  How can I summarize Week 5 in a single word?  Hmm… let me think for a minute.  Oh, I’ve got it: “craptastic”… that about sums it up.
Seriously… South Florida?  What the heck happened?  Losing to Pitt by almost four touchdowns?  Only one person predicted the outcome of this game correct (tip of the hate to Badger) and most of you lost 20+ points on this game.  How can you even look at yourself in the mirror?
Nate must have been so put out by South Florida’s lose that he said ‘to heck with it’ and withdrew all of his picks for the week… which is strange… I’m not sure what happened.  Most people neglect to pick the Thursday night game, but get their picks in for the rest of the week… Nate did the opposite.
Speaking of opposite day, don’t get me started on the NFL this week.  I just can’t make heads or tails out of it all. 
I am so depressed by the number of games I missed this week that I’ve been listening to ‘The Carpenters’ on repeat… although I’ve thrown a few ABBA songs into my playlist to celebrate the Falcon’s victory.  At least that’s something we all can celebrate after such a ‘craptastic’ week.  Thank you Matt Ryan.
1st Place: Ted Schutz (395 Points)
Fresh off his week 4 victory, the newly adopted Ted has proven his worth to the family with a repeat victory.  (Seriously Ted… this ridiculous adoption joke will only work once, so thank you for giving me a little extra mileage). 
Ted is currently in 4th place overall for the season and is only 132 points off the lead… which isn’t really a lot.
2nd Place: Arose (390 Points)
Amy!  Weren’t you in last place on week one?  Way to turn it around!  Amy is currently in 10th place and with 16 weeks left in the season it’s anyone’s game!
3rd Place: Eric ‘RollTide1’ Parker (380 Points)
Let me tell you something about Eric… way back in 2009 he was a major contender for the first ever DiploBall title… however he apparently suffered a devastating carpal tunnel injury near the end of the season and was unable to continue.  We haven’t heard much from Eric since then… Does his 3rd place finish this week mark the return of Eric’s competitive edge?  We shall see!
Honorable Mention:  Badger (305 Points)
Yeah… Badger was the only person to pick Pitt.  I can’t think of anyone more deserving of this week’s “Oh great, I accidently picked Pitt” Award… I mean “Honorable Mention”
Last Place: Jeff (85 Points)
So, last year Jeff ended the season in 6th place… and as for this season?  Well… Jeff has a shot at beating Rada’s record for the most loses in a single season.  Rada set the bench mark last season with 5.  And Jeff already has 3.  Here is a little something to help you stay motivated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2HcRl4wSk
Reminder
There is a Thursday and Friday night game this week!  So don’t forget to make your picks early!
Happy picking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.