Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

DiploBall 3, Week 7: It’s My Fault… I Have a Mean Handshake!

Well, it was quite the week; mainly because my wife had to travel back to the States unexpectedly leaving our five-year-old boy in my capable hands… which was awesome!  And I wish I could say we watched copious amounts of football during our MAN weekend… but we didn’t.
Apparently my bad football watching karma will never end.
When I was researching possible posts, Suriname stood out because all of their houses are outfitted with AFN satellites and receivers.   And for those of you familiar with AFN you’ll know that during football season there can be as many as four or five games on at any given time.  Plus, we’re only an hour ahead of EST making this a perfect post for watching football live!  Why else would you want to move to Suriname for three years?  (That’s a rhetorical question).
Well… apparently I overlooked some important information.  Suriname actually falls outside the satellite footprints for the full AFN channel line-up.  Instead, we get something called ‘Direct To Sailors’ AFN… which consists of only 3 stations: Sports, News, and Primetime.  Our Primetime feed rarely shows sports, so we almost never get more than one game at a time… not that it matters, because we almost never the games I care about!  And for the past few weeks, the Sports channel has been focusing their attention on baseball and car racing… which has been a bit of a bummer. 
How am I supposed to indoctrinate my son into the way of the Falcons if we can’t watch any games!?!
Oh well… enough complaining… on to the recap!
1st Place:  Jim Schutz (1)
So… I’m pretty disappointed.  Currently my brother is on a cross country road trip, so of course, I figured this week would be an opportunity for everyone to catch-up a little.  Well… apparently that was an ill-conceived idea.     
However, no one is hurting more than President Malaise, who faced Jim head-to-head this week in the DiploBall Fantasy League (different from the Pick ‘Em League).  Jim never updated his team and started two players on their bye-week and one player out due to an injury…  yet, he still beat President Malaise by 8 point officially taking the lead in the league standings. 
2nd Place: Eric Collings (9)
This is a HUGE victory for DiploBall veteran Eric Collings.  Currently in 9th place over all, Eric has been struggling this year to get his footing.  Does he have it now?  Who know?!?  All I know is this… Eric earned 94.62% of the points he weighed against the NFL games… which is pretty flipping crazy awesome!
3rd Place: VJ Schutz (2)
What can I say?  Dad actually picked the Falcons this week and he made it onto the leader board.  Let that be a lesson to you!
‘Random Pick Of the Week’ Honorable Mention:  Rada (18)
I hate honoring Rada for picking Georgia Tech to lose, but I’d rather see Tech lose than the Falcons, so I’m cool with it.  Plus, Rada was the only person to pick Virginia… for 8 points!  Not bad!
‘Most Correct Picks’ Honorable Mention: RollTide1 (5) and Badger (6)
RollTide1 and Badger had a great week with 26 correct picks (tied with Jim Schutz).  In 5th and 6th place respectively, they are sitting in a very good position to move up the ranks if they continue making these kinds of strong picks!
NCAA MVP of the Week:  John Robbins (17)
You know… I find it interesting how the numbers can fall.  Although Jim was the all around winner this week, if you separate the NCAA and NFL standings, Jim didn’t even rank in the top three of either. 
This week’s clear NCAA winner was none other than John Robbins who picked 15 out of 17 games correct and earned himself 324 points from those games alone!
NFL MVP of the Week: Steak N Potatoes (16)
Although Nate earned 199 points from the NFL games this week, more points than anyone else, he only earned 80.24% of the points he assigned on those games.  That said, Steak N Potatoes earned 134 out of the 145 points he assigned to the NFL games… giving him a staggering 92.41% NFL accuracy rate! 
Loser of the Week:  Tashkent1 (19)
This was just a bad week for Tashkent one.  He had assigned most of his points to the NFL games and landed a dismal 53.85% accuracy rating… and there was simply no way his 75.82% accuracy rating for the NCAA games were going to help.
Well, that’s all for this week folks!  As you can probably tell, I’ve finally gotten organized and I’m starting to track everyone’s stats.  I’m still crunching the first few weeks, but I should have some interesting statistics to throw your way in the next few weeks!
Remember!  West Virginia and Syracuse play Friday night!  So don’t forget to make your picks!  Unless your name is Jim Schutz… and please… by all means… take a nice long gander at the Grand Canyon and don’t give DiploBall a second thought this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.