So, I think I’ll just keep my mouth shut and get to the recap… besides; my home leave ends in two days and the movers are in my house as we ‘speak’.
On with the recap!
1st Place: VJ Schutz (552 Points)
Well, my pops has done it again. And yes… I regret inviting him to join DiploBall. Last season I talked him into joining an NFL Pick ‘Em League one of my cousins runs. I was the two time reigning champ in that league… until dad came alone. Erg!2nd Place: Jim Schutz (538 Points)
Yep, that’s right, DiploBall 2 champ Jim is back in second place for the second week in a row. As long as he stays in second I won’t have to revoke his DiploBall 4 membership.3rd Place: Nate (532 Points)
Honestly, I had a feeling Nate would be a wildcard. He only missed two picks last week; however his weighting for those two games completely derailed his momentum. I’m not surprised, in the least, that he was able to break-up the Schutz leaderboard stronghold this week… but Nate, do me a favor… bump one of the other Schutz’s out of the top three next time!
Last Place: ‘Steak n Potatoes’ (-36 Points)
Yo, Steak! Between you and me, I don’t believe your loss is legitimate. I think you made an honest error that we can all learn from.
For the good of the group, Steak made his picks before the NCAA games were posted; which means he ONLY made picks for the NFL games and his maximum weight was ONLY 16 (down to 1). Opps!
Always remember, this is a hybrid Pick ‘Em League that includes both NFL and NCAA games, DO NOT submit your picks until that week’s NCAA games have been posted.
Steak, just remember, your worst 4 weeks don’t count, so you’re still in it!
True Last Place: Jeff (24 Points)
Okay, so if Steak’s loss isn’t legitimate that means someone loss IS legitimate; someone who actually submitted picks for all games and still earned 182 points LESS than John Robbins (who game in 3rd to last place)... The legitimate loss should also go to the person who made me watch “The Room” with him two nights ago!
Jeff, on a scale of 1 to 552 I give “The Room” a 24… which also happens to be your score for this week!
Honorable Mention: Rada
Did anyone look at the standings after the Saturday college games? Rada was in first place and she hadn’t missed a single game! Actually, the most impressive thing about Rada’s picks was the fact she actually weighted them.
For those of you who are new, Rada has never weighted a game in her life, until now! If she can get her NFL weights under control, she might be able to make a run.
Honorable Mention: A Rose
We can’t quite describe last week’s big loser as ‘worst to first’ but 7th place is REALLY good for a second week player who is still figuring out how DiploBall works. Congrats!Honorable Mention: Tashkent1
Tash gets the nod for going against the grain and picking three major NFL upsets… or at least games the majority of us tanked. Tash picks Buffalo, Washington… and… well… that other team that played in the game I don’t want to talk about.
Have a great week everyone! The next time you hear from me I will be coming at you from beautifully hot and humid Suriname! Happy picking!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.