Yes, I am an unabashed Falcons
fan. And Monday night I went to bed at
8pm… just so I would be refreshed when I woke up at 3am to watch the Falcons
face the Broncos in the Tuesday Morning Football game on AFN. To be honest, I think my boys knew I was
watching… as a gift for my early morning rise they gave me three interceptions
and a fumble recovery in the first quarter.
And I have to say… I am terrible flattered.
My wife on the other hand admitted
to me that she almost cried when she found out what happened. You see, my wife is from Indianapolis. I know, I know… being from a Baltimore based
family, our love is forbidden… Shakespeare even wrote a play about us… although
I’m pretty sure he changed the ending.
Serena, my wife, even met Peyton
while bartending in Indy. He was out
with his offensive line celebrating a victory and dropped his beer… however; he
wouldn’t let Serena clean it up. He took
the towel and broom from her and cleaned it up himself.
In addition, Serena went to college
in Denver when John Elway led the Broncos to back to back Super Bowl
victories. To her, the Indianapolis
Colts and the Denver Broncos are her teams.
When she found out Peyton was going to play in Denver she was very
excited. Serena: “To me Peyton was the Indianapolis Colts, so it feels
like my two favorite teams have merged and I loved it!” Plus, she knew I would stop mouthing Peyton
just because he played for the Colts… hitting on my wife at a bar six years
before we met is forgivable… playing for the Colts? Not so much.
In short, seeing her team lose the
way they did broke her heart.
And being the sensitive husband I
am, I said, “Boo-hoo. Peyton and the
Broncos have three Super Bowl wins between them. Don’t be greedy. Go Falcons!
Yeah… so… sometimes being at an
unaccompanied post comes in handy.
DiploBall IV, Week 3 Recap
1st Place: Robbins
Robbins is normally a ‘Hail Mary’ player in DiploBall. Every season he tells me, “I’m not playing
for the season win… I play bold in hopes of earning a weekly victory.” A good bit of the time his bold picks land
him at the bottom of the pack… he is currently ranked 15th
overall. However, with a Week 3 victory,
picking 14 out of 16 NFL games correct is a fantastic start to the season.
2nd Place: Irishman
Who is this guy? Irishman
is new to DiploBall and he seems to be playing like a DiploBall veteran. My hats off to you!
3rd Place: VJSchutz
DiploBall
II champion and DiploBall III runner-up is off to yet another fantastic start to
the season. He is also my Dad… and
retired… and has way more time to research games than I do… and well… if his
success is any indication to what DiploBall XXXV will have in store for me. I can’t wait!
NCAA MVP of the Week: Nate
When it came to point’s accuracy for the NCAA games, Nate came in
third place, just behind Irishman and Robbins.
He earned 84.26% of the points he wagered on those games.
NFL MVP of the Week: ARose
ARose had a very impressive NFL week. She picked the second highest number of games
correct, just behind Robbins, with 13 out of 16 games!
Last Place: Renegade
Well… I really hate to rip of my cousin on his loss. After all… he’s half Dutch and has lived most
of his life in Switzerland… so… even though he lost this week, we should all be
happy that he knows what a pigskin is.
Missed Week Minimum (MWM): 90
points
The following people will earn 90 points because they missed
making picks this week… and I should also point out that none of these
individuals have placed picks at all this season. So, in two more weeks, they will be GONE!
Big Dave (3), DNIbarger (3), Hess (3), mBounds (3), Skiclimber11 (
3), and Tashkent1 (3)
Perfect Week Bonus Cash In: BigCat
As
promised, I will report when someone cashes in their “Perfect Week Bonus”. Like the rest of us BigCat liked Virginia
Tech over Pitt… however, he waged 36 points on that game and wanted it
back. So, he cashed in his bonus to
change his pick. This really didn’t help
him much in this week’s standings, still only coming in 18th
place. However, this change might help
him long term.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.