Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

DiploBall IV, Week 2: Like a Fine Wine


Week 2, with the addition of the NFL games, is always a bit tough.  To me, at the start of the season, NFL teams are a lot like the cheap-wines I drink… sure, they look familiar… but you never know if they are going to be any good until you cork them.  All I have to say is that it is such a pleasure to finally root for Peyton Manning… now that he’s no longer playing for the demon-spawn that should still be in Baltimore, I feel like my view of the world has opened up a bit.  However, that won’t last for long… once the Falcon’s make him cry next week I don’t think I’ll be able to take him seriously anymore.  Alas Peyton… our friendship is short lived!


DiploBall IV, Week 2 Recap


1st Place: EricC

Now playing in his 4th DiploBall season, Eric has put the league on notice.  Jumping from 15th to 1st in the overall standings, Eric certainly isn’t playing around.   

2nd Place: Badger

Badger isn’t messing around either.  With his perfect finish last week and his second place finish this week Badger is only 4 points out of 1st in the overall standings.  I should also mention that Badge has the best overall picks percentage.  So far he has an 85.71% accuracy rate.  And let’s not forget that Badger finished last season in 4th place… and I’m pretty sure he’s looking to break-up the Schutz dynasty this year.

3rd Place: BigCat

BigCat, is this really your 3rd season?  That just seems crazy!  I just hope you’re not in Pakistan… but if you are… enjoy your 3rd place finish!  (You’re also 3rd place overall!)

NCAA MVP of the Week: Ted

Ted walks away with the, well deserved, NCAA MVP award this week.  Ted came in 3rd place in the NCAA games and 4th place for the entire week.  And Ted, who finished last season in 6th place, is sitting pretty in 4th overall.

NFL MVP of the Week: Robbins

Although Robbins only earned 80 points this week, he totally schooled everyone in the NFL games!  Robbins picked 12 out of 16 games correct.  Now, I should also mention this little fact:  Robbins only registered picks for 17 games this week, which means he’s eligible for the MWM Bump.

Last Place: BeachBum505

Sadly, BeachBum found himself in a bit of a situation this week.  He did not register picks for all 40 games… however, he did register picks for exactly 27 games, which met the 2/3 Minimum Rule.  This means his score will stand AND his score will be the benchmark used to calculate the MWM. 

Missed Week Minimum (MWM):  230 points.

The following people will benefit from this week’s MWM:  Robbins, Big Dave, DNIbarger, Hess, mBounds, SkiClimb2011, and Tashkent1.


Closing Comments


Hess, I hope you're doing alright out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.