Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

DiploBall IV, Week 19 & 20


Okay!  Know I am VERY late my latest recaps, but I have a good excuse.  I’ve totally been distracted by this picture of an otter from the Georgia Aquarium cheering for the Falcons: 


Totally distracted.  GO FALCONS!

Since the last time I wrote two people have cashed in their Perfect Weeks:  VJ and Me!  Leaving only RollTide1 with a pending Perfect Week… although he tried to, vaguely, cash it in earlier in the season and I still don’t understand what game he meant.

That said, even though VJ is positioned for his second (back to back) DiploBall victory, his win is not guaranteed!  With two more weeks and two more potential perfect week bonuses in play, anything can still happen!

The NFL Playoff has certainly been interesting!  And for the Schutz’s it has been VERY exciting!  As many of you know, we’re originally from Baltimore and some of us still hold a fair amount of resentment towards the Colts… but watching the Ravens eliminate them from the playoffs and then move through to the AFC Championship is amazing! 

However, we’ve been in Atlanta since the mid-70s, so watching the Falcons finally break their playoffs curse, with a real shot at the NFC Championship has been incredible rewarding!

I guess it goes without saying that our pipe-dream of FINALLY having a Baltimore-Atlanta Super Bowl might actually come true!  Not sure if it will happen, but if it does, I’ll be in Munich enjoying the show if anyone is in the area and interested in joining me!

Until then, here is how the last two weeks played out:

Week 19

1st Place:  Jim Schutz
2nd Place:  Robbins
3rd place:  SchutzJP
Last Place:  VNIBarger

Week 20

1st Place:  The Great Usurper
2nd Place:  BigCat, Jim Schutz, SchutzJP, VJSchutz, and Jeff
3rd place:  Rada, Badger, EricC, Renegade
Last Place:  VNIBarger

For Week 20 VNIBarger has the dubious honor of missing ALL four games… … … yeah.

Well, here we go folks!  Week 21!  We’re almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.