DiploBall 3, Week 22: The End!
NY Giants… on behalf of the Atlanta Falcons… “You’re welcome!”
As for the rest of you… Thank you for a wonderfully exciting 3rd season of Diploball! Not only has this been our biggest season yet, this season has also seen the highest level of participation throughout the season. Heck, 15 of you actually stuck with it until the end!
I would say I am glad it’s over… but the truth is I’ll be itching to play in about a month.
I hope you all had fun and will come back next year… bring a friend! And if you’re feeling fancy, you can always join the DiploBall Legacy League as well!
Anyway, until then enjoy the final recap of the season:
Super Bowl
Honestly, I’m pretty surprised. I was really expecting most people to pick the Patriots, but I was dead wrong. The majority of players took my advice and went with the Giants! 8 people are getting the bonus:
Steak n Potatoes: 72 points, reversing a 36 point miss from week 18.
Jim Schutz: 60 points, reversing a 30 point miss from week 12.
Badger: 62 points, reversing a 31 point miss from week 11.
Robbins: 70 points, reversing a 35 point miss from week 18.
Jp: 64 points, reversing a 32 point miss from week 11.
Ryan: 72 points, reversing a 36 point miss from week 12.
Jeff: 72 points, reversing a 36 point miss from week 12.
Hess: 74 points, reversing a 37 point miss from week 12.
**********
NCAA Standings
Before I get to the overall standings, I thought it would be fun to look at the NCAA and NFL games separately. Here is DiploBall 3’s NCAA leader board:
Rank | Total Picks | Total Points |
1st | VJ | VJ |
2nd | Jim | Jim |
3rd | Badger | Badger |
4th | BigCat | Ryan |
5th | President Malaise | Jp |
Picks
· Past Winner: Jp (DiploBall 1 & 2) – This year I didn’t even break the top 5.
· This is Jim’s second year in second place. Last year he tied with Robbins; they were only one game behind me.
· BigCat was also in 4th place for NCAA picks last year.
· Three people in the bottom 15 had better accuracy ratings than VJ. I wonder what would have happened if they consistently participated.
· Also, VJ’s 245 correct NCAA picks is a new DiploBall record… however we had almost 70 more NCAA games than previous years, so next year will be the real test.
· No one who played in DiploBall 1 made the top 5.
Points
· Past Winners: Jp (DiploBall 1) and Jim (DiploBall 2)
· Jp is the only play from DiploBall 1 who made the top 5.
· Ryan is up! Last year he ended in 6th place, in terms of NCAA Points.
For a complete look at this season’s NCAA breakdown, please visit here: http://diploball.blogspot.com/p/ncaa-standings.html
**********
NFL Standings
Rank | Total Picks | Total Points |
1st | Jp | Jp |
2nd | Jim | Jim |
3rd | President Malaise | Ted |
4th | VJ | ARose |
5th | Ryan | VJ |
Picks
· Jeff was last year’s big Picks winner after rallying in the latter half of the season, but he just couldn’t make it work this year.
· This is my first time at the top of the NFL Picks, although I can in 2nd for DiploBall 1 and in 3rd for DiploBall 2.
· Once again, Jim stays in second place.
· And Ryan is the most improved player! Last year Ryan came in DEAD last in NFL Picks.
Points
· This is my second time winning NFL Points, I won during DiploBall 1. Last year Jeff pulled out the victory, while I finished in 7th.
· Last year Jim finished in 5th place, while Ted was second to last, just above Ryan.
For a complete look at this season’s NFL breakdown, please visit here: http://diploball.blogspot.com/p/nfl-standings.html
**********
Overall Standings
Rank | Total Picks | Total Points |
1st | VJ | VJ |
2nd | Jim | Jim |
3rd | Jp | Jp |
4th | President Malaise | Badger |
5th | Badger | Ryan |
Picks & Points
· VJ is officially the 3rd member of the Schutz family to win DiploBall. Jp won DiploBall 1 and Jim won DiploBall 2. In all three occurrences, the champion won both the Picks and Points categories.
· This is the first season of play for President Malaise and Badger… you guys played a fantastic season!
· Once again Ryan finishes the Points season in 5th place. His 7th place finish in the Picks really cost him.
· Honorable Mentions go out to Ted, Hess, BigCat, Steak n Potatoes and EricC who managed to crack into the top 10!
· As for the rest of you… there is always next year!
For a complete look at this season’s Overall Standings, please visit here: http://diploball.blogspot.com/p/overall-standings.html
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.